Exploit windows xp by metasploit Netapi vulnerability
Hello guys, hope you were doing better and practising today in this tutorial i will show how you can exploit windows xp using metasploit.
In this tutorial we will exploit windows xp by MS08-67 Netapi vulnerability so, which type of vulnerability is this ..? the answer is this is a vulnerability in windows samba service called called MS08-67 this exploits work on the port number 445 and upto windows xp sp3 version.
Name- Microsoft server service relative path stack corruption. Exploit- exploit/windows/smb/ms_08_67_netapi
- As I told you above this vulnerablility will work on the port number 445 so firstly scan for open ports.
- open Nmap and scan for open ports by this command nmap -n -sV 192.168.1.*
- yeah port 445 is open.
- start msfconsole and use the above exploit as shown below
- now set RHOST. RHOST is remote address of victim
- now set payload as shown below here payload is set here to get a reverse connection in meterpreter here we are using windows meterpreter if you want to see all avilable apyload for that exploit then use “show payloads” command. Here we are using this payload
- Now use show options command and set LHOST Lhost is your IP address
- Run exploit yeah we get back connection with victim pc.
Post Exploitation with meterpreter
- type sysinfo to get the system information of victim.
Here you see that in the above image victims information is available. There are many types of options in meterprer you can check with ‘ ? ‘ command. Suppose if you want to shell that pc so run ‘shell’ command in the metrpreter shell will be created.
In our metasploit soonly i will update many of the tutorials on metasploit series because metasploit has many of the exploits, auxiliary, payloads, script, e.t.c which will help you for exploitation.
keep learning and practising because practise makes a man perfect… 🙂